The intention of this article is to inform you of my desire to resign as ASA President. My life outside of Subbuteo leaves me without the appropriate time and desire to continue on in this role with the dedication that it deserves. Over the last 10 months since my wife and I had our second child I have found myself with less time to dedicate to the ASA than I had anticipated when I ran for a second term.
An emergency election will take place to fill my role. Below is how that election is conducted:
Emergency Elections – If a Vice President or the President vacates his/her seat while still in office for any reason, an emergency election shall take place.
· The ASA Secretary is responsible for collecting nominations and votes unless he/she is running for the vacated office or the vacated office is the Vice President from his/her region. Instead, the ASA President or selected Vice President shall fill in for the ASA Secretary in this role.
· The ASA President, or a Vice President speaking on his/her behalf, must notify the ASA membership of the vacated office within 2 weeks of the office being vacated.
· Nominations are accepted for a period of 2 weeks after it is announced that the office is vacant.
· Votes are collected for a period of 2 weeks after nominations have been received.
· The winner of the election serves out the remainder of the term that was vacated.
Collection of Votes – All ASA Vote collection shall be conducted by the ASA Secretary. In cases of regional conflict another out of region member shall be selected by the BoD. Votes may be collected via email or other personal contact.
I have enjoyed by time working with everybody that has served on the Board of Directors during my time as President. It has truly been an honor to serve the Subbuteo community as the ASA President for the last 2 and a half years. I hope to see everybody across the table soon.